Story and Paint Project ages 4-5 years old
- This party requires a minimum of 8 children.
- The party is 1 1/2 hours long. The first hour is reserved for painting the pottery project. The last 30 minutes is for celebration. Our studio assistants do all the set-up and clean up as well as help you serve food, cake & drinks, which you provide.
- The front of the store remains open for our walk-in customers while the party takes place in the back of the store in our party area.
- Due to the layout of our space, Story and Paint parties will have 1 adult and 1 child working on 1 project together so max # of adults is equal to the number of party guests. Any other individual occupying space in the studio (with the exception of the parents/guardians of the party boy/girl and their siblings) will count as a ‘guest’ and will be charged accordingly. We invite parents to stay and paint a piece of pottery in the front of the store or they can explore the many area restaurants and shops in town if they would like to stay close. Due to limited space, we only guarantee seating for those that are painting.
To ensure the space, date and time of your choice, please book your party at least 3 weeks in advance. To book a party please call the store at 914-502-0088. If you should need to schedule a party after hours, please call the studio for more information.
The party guest will:
- Paint a step by step project based on one of our many themes (See list below)
- The children start off painting their project, break for a story and then return to finish painting their piece. The children will paint their pieces by using sponges, Q-tips & brushes and decorate with their fingerprints. Our studio assistants will provide step by step instructions to the group.
- The book will be read by one of our staff members or by the parent, whichever you prefer.
- Afterward, our studio artists will personalize the piece and turn the fingerprints into small animals, flowers or butterflies, depending on the design theme for your party.
- The project includes a preselected choice of one type of pottery piece for all party guests, ( a salad plate, oval plaque, or 8 x 8 tile).
- $32.00 per guest using one of our themes.
- The birthday child will receive a dessert size bowl in which all of her/his guests will put their fingerprint. The bowl will be personalized with each of their names as a keepsake gift from A Maze in Pottery.
- Each guest will also receive a $5.00 off coupon to return to the studio to paint with their finished piece.
- For an additional $3.00 per guest, we can do a theme of your choice.
- $50.00 deposit is required at the time of booking to secure the date and time. We do not book parties without a deposit. This will be deducted from the party total on the date of the party.
The gratuity is not included in the listed price above. A minimum of a 15% gratuity is suggested for the studio assistants assisting you with the party. We are sorry for any inconvenience but this can only be paid in cash and cannot be done using a credit card or check.
Theme Choices with Books:
- Cupcake – Pinkalicious Book
- Olaf – Frozen Book
- Elsa (Pre-painted face option for extra $3.00) – Frozen Book
- Hello Kitty – Happy Birthday Hello Kitty Book
- My Little Pony- My Little Pony Book
- Princess/Prince – Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots Book
- Dinosaur – Dazzle the Dinosaur Book or Rexarella Book
- Gruffalo – The Gruffalo’s Child Book
- Pirates – How I Became a Pirate Book
- Winter – Sneezy the Snowman Book
- Spring – The Curious Garden Book
- Summer – Rainbow Fish to the Rescue Book
- Fall – Halloween Book